Cedefop - European Centre for the Development of Vocationa
Summary What Cedefop is
Cedefop (1) - the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training, established in 1975 (2), is a European agency that helps promote and develop vocational education and training in the European Union (EU). It is the EU's reference centre for vocational education and training.
Cedefop was one of the first specialised and decentralised agencies set up to provide scientific and technical know-how in specific fields and promote exchanges of ideas between different European partners.
Originally based in Berlin, in 1995 Cedefop's head office was transferred to Thessaloniki. Cedefop has a liaison office in Brussels.
(1) 'Cedefop' is the French acronym of the organisation's official title, European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (Centre Européen pour le Développement de la Formation Professionnelle).
(2) Council Regulation of 10 February 1975 establishing a European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (Cedefop) EEC No 337/75, Official Journal of the European Communities L39, 13.2.1975 as last amended by Council Regulation EC No. 2051/2004
Cient ProjectFramework Contract no II - Europass ServicesContractor: Q&R S.A. SummaryProvision of Web Development, Maintenance, Support, Consulting and Project Management Services for the Europass Platform, and specifically to the web- based Europass tools (Europass portal and Europass mobility management tool), using a given technological environment. More Specifically, QnR provided:
- Corrective and evolutive development and maintenance; Small, minor improvements;
- Development of additional, new modules; full integration with the rest of the system, with existing functionalities; technical reporting and documentation;
- ICT project and software development management; follow-up of tasks, milestones, short- and mid-term goals and deliverables; monitoring of their implementation; coordination with Cedefop project managers; full software development life-cycle management
- Deployment of all new patches or modules of the system to the development platform, full testing and finally publishing to the production platform;
- Service administration, management and support; Performance management and troubleshooting; interaction with operating system; Choice of servers’ topology and architecture; Setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and optimal performance of Apache web server, Apache Tomcat Services and all software components comprising the system; Statistics management;
- Consulting services; Studies; Integration of additional instruments; European-wide research of current trends and existing work related to specific topics requested; XML standardization processes and procedures (HR-XML, IMS LIP, CEN/ISSS, IEEE/LTSC/LTTC);
- Proactive studies, suggestions and proposals relating to the way ahead; to the utilization and integration of existing or new technologies for the advancement and support of the objectives of the project.
- Error, bugs and remarks collection and reporting to Cedefop; coordinate for their correction. Travels to other European countries
- On-site services for specific needs of the projects where on-site presence is more efficient (system upgrades and migrations, assistance and support during module deployments and/or Europass administration over periods of high criticality, opportunity tasks resulting from user/NECs feed-back, network support of Europass partners, coordination tasks with different parties involved in the Europass operations)
Project status: Completed
Cient Project Framework Contract no III – Software and website development and support services for Europass Contractor: Q&R S.A.
Summary:Provision of Web Development, Maintenance, Support, Consulting and Project Management Services for the Europass project and specifically for the web-based Europass tools (Europass
portal and the Europass mobility management tool), using a given technological environment.
Services provided include: custom web programming, database development, construction, maintenance and support of web applications, web design, consulting, analysis, technical management, xml consulting, usability testing, and project management. More Specifically, QnR provides:
- Corrective and evolutive development and maintenance for the existing Europass Website resources, i.e. implement minor improvements, bug fixes;
- Full lifecycle software development comprising: development of additional, new modules; full integration of these modules with the rest of the system and the existing functionality;
- Deployment of all new patches or modules of the Europass web resources to the development platform, full testing in various platforms/environments (operating systems and software) and finally deployment to the production platform;
- Europass service administration, management and support: performance management and troubleshooting; interaction with operating system; choice of servers’ topology and architecture; Setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and optimal performance of Apache web server, Apache Tomcat Services and all software components comprising the system; Statistics management.
- Project Management and software development management: full software development life-cycle management, follow-up of tasks, setting milestones, short- and mid-term goals and deliverables; monitoring of their implementation; coordination with Cedefop project managers etc.;
- Consulting services: Analyses; Studies; integration of other documents in the Europass framework; European-wide research of current trends and existing work related to specific topics requested; XML standardisation processes and procedures (HR-XML, IMS LIP, CEN/ISSS, IEEE/LTSC/LTTC); Analysis of business requirements and specifications;
- Opportunity studies: suggestions and proposals to anticipate phases of development; utilisation and integration of existing or new technologies for the advancement and support of the objectives of the project; design, specification architecture, implementation testing and documentation, deployment and maintenance
- Documentation, manuals, reports; technical reporting and documentation;
- On-site services for specific needs of the project.
Project status: Implemented
European Translation Center
Summary The Translation Centre of the Bodies of the European Union (CdT) was set up under Council regulation (EC) No 2965/94 of 28 November 1994, OJ L 314/1, to provide translation services to European agencies and other bodies and promote cooperation between the institutions and bodies of the Union with a view to rationalizing working methods and making overall savings.The Translation Centre is located at Luxembourg. Client ProjectIATE projectContractor: Q&R S.A. SummaryThe purpose of the IATE project (Inter-Agency Terminology Exchange) was to provide for the design, development, implementation of an interactive terminology database system for the collection, dissemination and shared management of terminology between the EU Agencies, freelance translators, the Translation Centre, and other EU bodies that may wish to participate in the project.
Client projects FP6 - Evaluation service provider (ESP)Contractor:Q&R S.A.Summary
''Development and provision of services in support of the submission and evaluation of proposals within the Sixth Framework Programme of the European Community for Research Technological Development and Demonstration''
Lot 2 :Evaluation service provider (ESP) to equip and run a proposal reception and evaluation facility, including development and maintenance of the proposal databases and archives, logistical support of evaluation sessions, and related tasks
Q&R (as a subcontractor) was responsible for:
- the development and maintenance of the proposal databases and archives.
- the provision of appropriate IT interfaces to relevant Commission systems;
- the provision of the support services during the lifetime of the Sixth Framework Programme;
Project status: Completed
EuropeAid Co-operation Office
Client ProjectLEGAL TRAINING - Legal Training, in Kiev and selected regions of UkraineContractor:Q&R (COORDINATOR)SummaryThe project aim was to provide a greater understanding of European law and policy-making to Ukrainian legal professionals, by developing and providing short-term and mid-term courses in European studies for representatives of Ministries and other public and private institutions, creating a system of distance learning for representatives of Ministries and other public institutions as well as the private sector in the field of European studies, and by developing the capacity to provide such training in identified regional centres.